Looking Back at the Semester

It seems like a good time to begin review the course...with technology (of course!) So let's take a look back....

What do you remember?
What did you miss?

First, I created a Powerpoint presentation and uploaded it to SlideShare. Slideshare let me add some YouTube videos I thought fit nicely! Cool! When finished, I embedded it in a wiki page.

What else can I do with this review presentation? Once it's in Powerpoint, I have lots of options. I saved the presentation as jpg images. That turns each slide into a separate image.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: 2040 Review!
  • The slideshow above is in Smilebox.
  • I also created a VoiceThread. Click on the link and you can comment on any slide or memory by typing, using a microphone or webcam, or even calling a toll-free number! (Comments are moderated, so they may not appear immediately.)
  • I used the slides to create a video in Animoto, one of my favorite tools:




  • I saved it as a movie and uploaded it to YouTube:


  • I created a new presentation in Prezi. (Watch out! Prezi may make you dizzy! But it is a cool presentation system!)
These are just a few of the many multimedia alternatives to Powerpoint or for delivering a presentation in a different way. For more presentation tools, check out this page in the WebTools4U2Use wiki.

I hope it serves as a good visual review of where we've been and what we've accomplished in a short time!

Which is your favorite way to view the review?
Leave a comment to let me know!


0 comments: